To be successful candidates need to have the ability to work collaboratively, in a creative environment, with great attention to detail. The role will be the equivalent of six days a month and will include coming to our Edinburgh studio on a regular basis to obtain content. The ideal candidate will be flexible with working patterns as they will be overseeing all our social platforms. As our social media manager, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day social media management for a number of social media platforms, creating content from ideation through to delivery. Working within the marketing manager, you’ll be confident to pitch ideas in team meetings and recommend channel management and campaign strategies based on your monitoring of, and engagement with, brand and competitor channels.
• Daily management of multiple social media accounts - ideation, planning, and scheduling across a range of platforms
• Drive brand engagement and assist in building communities across all platforms
• Create engaging multimedia content - be confident to pitch ideas, execute and/or commission effectively
• Social media copywriting
• Follow emerging trends across social channels and competitors and use this insight to inform the marketing manager
• Monitor and analyse performance - ability to notice and respond to over-performing content
• Coverage of events including in-the-moment copywriting and short-form video content - an agile approach is essential.
• Work with the marketing manager to contribute to campaign planning Requirements
• Passion for social media
• Proven track record of experience in a social media role, preferably in luxury goods or textiles and/or news
• Solid understanding of consumer social media platforms particularly Instagram, Facebook
• Basic knowledge of paid social
• Proven experience and ability to write clean, engaging copy with an ability to adapt the brand tone of voice to reflect platform and audience
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing calendars and campaign documents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Keen interest in emerging platforms and technologies
• Strong knowledge of social media metrics and content performance
▪ Ability to self-manage while managing assigned projects under tight deadlines
PLEASE NOTE: This is a freelance role covering maternity leave
The closing date for applications is 11th June 2021, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications and C) your hourly rate
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK. Please kindly note that regular visits to our Edinburgh studio are essential.